Thursday, 31 August 2017

Imagine Design Create DT Post - Flamingo Fun Twisted Easel card

Hi everyone, for this week’s Imagine Design Create DT project I got to play with the fabulous Flamingo Fun stamp set… I love it!  This stamp just screamed to be coloured in hot pink, and that’s exactly what I did.  I wanted to make an easel card this week as I wanted to show the Pastel Paradise papers off in the best way I could.


What you need –



 What to do –
  • Take the card blank, and score diagonally from the top right corner to the bottom left corner across the front panel.  Cut another piece of white card measuring 6” x 6”, and to this glue a square of pink paper (from the Pastel paper pad) matted on to hot pink paper.  Tie some ribbon around the left hand side, and add a bow.  Take this panel and glue it to the easel mechanism, only add glue to the bottom triangle so that the card will open and close properly.
  • Cut some yellow paper from the paper pad and mat this on to some hot pink paper, and glue this to the inside of the card blank.
  • Use Versafine ink to stamp the Flamingo, and colour in (I used my Kuretake pens but similar looks could be achieved using other mediums).  Use a circle die to cut it out, and mat onto a larger circle of hot pink paper.  Glue this to the front of the easel card.
  • Stamp the sentiment using Picked Raspberry, and cut out using a circle die.  Blend some Picked Raspberry around the edges, and attach to the inside of the easel card using foam pads (position this wherever you like as this will be the part which holds your easel open)


I hope you like my design using these new stamps, they’re great fun and I’d love to see what you make with them too.  Remember to pop over to the Imagine Design Create blog to see some more inspirational makes by my team mates.

Hugs, Lorre-Anne x


21 comments:

  1. cute and lovely card Lorre

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flamingo Lorre-Anne - cute! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Lorre-Anne. I just love the hot pink and the ribbon is a fabulous finishing touch. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, how pretty this is! Love that bright, flamboyant bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Love the colours! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Full of colour and fun!
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty flamingo! (as the song goes!) - maybe before your time though! Lovely card and my favourite colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Lorre-Anne
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stand up card, that flamingo is just TOO cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Flamingo card, I love Flamingoes they have such lovely colouring!

    Nicola ♥

    ReplyDelete